Sopcast Sports TV Guide
a simple, free way to broadcast video and audio or watch the
video and listen to radio on the Internet. Adopting P2P(Peer-to-Peer)
technology, It is very efficient and easy to use. Let anyone
become a broadcaster without the costs of a powerful server
and vast bandwidth. You can build your own TV stations comparable
with large commercial sites with minimal resources. Using
SopCast, you can serve 10,000 online users with a personal
computer and a home broadband connection.
SoP is the abbreviation for Streaming over P2P. Sopcast is
a Streaming Direct Broadcasting System based on P2P. The core
is the communication protocol produced by Sopcast Team, which
is named sop://, or Sop technology.
Latest version: SopCast 2.0.4
Language: English, Chinese
OS Support: Wins9X/me/2000/ XP
- State-of-the-art P2P technology. Share the data among
all viewers, make the channel more available and stable.
- Minimal delay in the P2P streaming market.
- Fast buffering. 10-30seconds.
- Firewall and NAT traversal technology to pass 90% P2P
- Build your own channels and broadcast it over the Internet.
- Streaming real time streams. Support for many streaming
transport protocol. mms, http, etc.
- Streaming media files. Many file types: asf, wmv, rm,
rmvb, mp3, etc.
- Support for loop file playing.
- Extremely low memory footprint and CPU load
- Standard channel URL: click on any sop:// URL to play.
- Real time monitor of broadcasting source quality and network
quality to help viewers to select a appropriate channel.
- Record the clips when you are watching it.
- Can play the stream with your favorite player, such as
Windows Media Player, RealPlayer, VLC, etc.
- Memory buffering, no harm to the hard disk.
- Support for authentication for both the broadcasters and
the viewers. The broadcaster has full control on his channels.
- End-to-End security, encrypted messages, hi level P2P
security, no hijack.
- Support multiple channels broadcast on the same server.
Normally, you can run 5-10 channels on one PC.
- The Sop Player can be embedded into a webpage or any software
applications. It works just like Windows Media Player.
- The Sop Server and Sop Player can be run both on Windows
and Linux. The whole system can be ported to embedded Linux.
- Freeware, not ad/spy ware
How to use :
Step1: Download SopCast before you open and install it and
update online. The overview screen, where you can see the
home (info from the website) , the channels and Myserver.
Step2: Launch SopCast and the login screen will pop up. Login
as anonymous allows you to see the normal channels while login
as a registered user enable you to add your yourself to special
groups for more channels.
Step3: On the overview screen, where you can see three menus(Home,
Channels and Myserver)
Step4: Clicking on the channel you like, you can see a new
screen show up on the on the right side of overview screen.
The channel will be loaded by double click it.
Note: You can also stream your own channel easily by going
to "MyServer" where you are allowed to stream files.